Easter 2018. Since I have been on a serious sewing kick lately, I decided to sew the girls and my Easter dresses this year. It really depends year by year if we get sewn-by-me or store bought clothes for Easter depending on what I'm feeling in that moment. :) This year, I was definitely feelin' it.
For my dress, I picked Burda Pattern 08/2017 #115B. I am still fairly new to Burda patterns and they are a little tricky to figure out. I usually hit a point where I have no idea what the pattern is saying where I need to pick up and figure out what makes sense from there. It has actually been really good for me to not depend so much on the pattern and start relying on my own knowledge of how to construct a garment.
In this pattern, for example, the pattern ended before explaining how to set in the sleeves or add the cuff, so I just figured it out on my own. Setting in the sleeve was easy, because I've done that a million times, but adding the cuff was something I haven't done as much.
I was also a little confused on whether or not I added the underlap for the snaps in correctly. They are located on the side above the zipper. It still looks good from the outside, so we will just go with it. :)
For the fabric, I found this 100% polyester shirting fabric from Fabric.com on sale for $3.28 a yard, and I only ended up using about 2 yards, so this dress cost about $7! Unfortunately, it's out of stock now, so I'm glad I grabbed it when I did. It had a great feel to it and drapes and hangs really well.
Overall, I am super happy with the way this dress turned out. I love the look of this pattern, and I love the way it feels when it's on. It makes for an excellent Easter Dress!