There was so much about this pattern that was appealing to me. I loved the princess seams in the bodice, the fact that it was a jumpsuit, but not only that, it was a culottes jumpsuit! Pants that look like a skirt! It is so much fun to wear! Plus, this was my first Vogue pattern, and I was so excited to try a Vogue Pattern.
This pattern says it is not suitable for patterned fabric, and that was a pretty solid recommendation. :) I chose this plaid shirting fabric from JoAnn. I loved that it was lightweight and airy for summer, and I also loved the color, but pattern matching on this bad boy was not easy, and definitely not perfect! If you have an aversion to unmatched plaids, avert your eyes! Haha...
I ended up adding the ruffles to the princess seams, after I had sewn it up because the pattern matching was so off, that I needed a fix to cover it up. The ruffles helped break it up enough that I think it does the trick. I ended up liking the ruffles more anyway, so it was a happy mistake.
Another fix I needed to make was adding length to the bodice. The first time I tried it on, it was a little snug in the crotch. ;) I unpicked the bodice from the bottoms and added a 1 1/2" waistband. They fit pretty well now. So if you are considering this pattern and have a long torso, like I do, you should consider adding length to the bodice pattern.
I also took a good 4-5 inches off the length of the pants. I have a long torso, but my legs are pretty short, so in order to get the length that looked ok for my frame, I needed them to be shorter than they were drafted to be.
This project definitely had it's fair share of visits from the seam ripper, but I also learned quite a bit from this pattern, and I ended up loving the end result.
One thing to consider... this pattern has a zipper down the back, so getting in and out quickly for potty breaks is somewhat of an ordeal! Haha! It can be done, but it takes some flexibility and patience, or a helping hand from someone else!