When I saw this amazing striped poplin shirting fabric from Fabric Mart, the first thing that came into my head was "wide leg jumpsuit." I did some research into patterns and fell in love with the wide leg version (C or D) of McCall's #7577. But I wanted a nice airy sleeve up top, so I looked through my pattern collection and noticed Simplicity #8608 had a very similar bodice. So I used Simplicity #8608 Version D for the Bodice and mashed the two patterns together. :)
This fabric has such a wide, bold stripe I felt like I needed a pattern that used a lot of fabric to showcase the wide print. I decided to cut the bodice on the bias so the stripes would run with the cut of the bodice, and also add some interest to everything going on here.
The McCall's pattern didn't include pockets, and after trying it on for the first time, I felt like I definitely needed pockets. So I cut out the pocket from the Simplicity Pattern and inserted them in. I also added the tie belt from the McCall's pattern to help pull in the waist.
One thing to note about this jumpsuit, is that getting in and out of it is no simple feat! I have to do some serious shoulder shimmies to maneuver my arms out of this bad boy. So take that into consideration when making a jumpsuit like this! haha!
I really love this fabric and jumpsuit mashup, I think this fabric would look great as a maxi dress as well. I think I will try some different pattern mash-ups in the future as well, it was fun to think outside of the box a bit and make different patterns work together to create something new!